Safety

I found a letter today. I was already in a mood. A sad mood. Not unstable but I have been wrapped in sadness since last night. Maybe it's not even sadness. Just truth. Uncomfortable and unsuspecting truth. The realizations that come along with being new at this life again. Reborn if you will. 

Never did I think I would be getting a divorce. Never did I think I would be learning to adult and start over. Who am I if I am not a mom and wife? What value do I have?

Your letter hurts my heart to read. It makes me weep. The tears roll down my face in an uncomfortable and unsuspecting pain. But I read it. I reread it. I cry more. The kids see my pain. 

I have a support system now. They, he, want to support me. 

I don't know what is more uncomfortable. Suffering in silence and realizing no one gives a shit, or having someone that actually cares and doesn't want you to suffer anymore...

AJV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manipulated

Lies